Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Triple Play Photoshop Actions for Tone, Contrast, Detail

I'm learning how to use Tony Kuyper's "Triple Play" photoshop technique. It uses luminosity masks to precisely adjust specific tonal ranges in an image, to adjust overall contrast, and to enhance local contrast.
I'm enjoying learning how to use these tools, and Tony's tutorials are superbly clear (he's a natural teacher).

After installing Tony's Photoshop Actions, I used Adobe Configurator to create a custom panel within Photoshop, so the Triple Play actions are easily accessible, along with the most commonly associated photoshop tools and commands, and can be activated with just a couple of clicks. I've made similar custom panels for lumiosity masking & painting, dodging and burning using neutral fill layers and blend modes, and various smart filters that I use more frequently. Kind of slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment